We are proud to announce the launch of Gravity Sketch 1.6! Over the past couple of months, our team has been hard at work, expanding the capability and stability of Gravity Sketch. Developed alongside our fantastic community, Gravity Sketch has evolved to a tool growing in favour by designers around the world.
Our community has been the heart and soul of the development cycle here at Gravity Sketch. They have provided invaluable feedback, support and time to help us deliver a 3D design tool like no other.
What awesome features does v1.6 pack?
- Instant Prefab: Create a Prefab simply by dropping your sketch geometry into Import Models window. This bakes the mirrored parts so you can edit them separately.
- Import GRS Models: Import another GRS file into your scene. Drop sketch files into your Import Library folder to see them on Import Models UI.
- Surface input integration (BETA): 2D sketching in Gravity Sketch. Enable Pad app toggle on the main menu of the computer screen to activate Pad mode.
- Save tool settings: Now you can save your tool options and preferences in a profile.
- Rejigged Settings menu layout: Startup options are merged to Sketch settings menu so you can change all options without exiting the session. Also Workspaces menu is now more accessible.
- Folder structure support for Import Models & Reference Images: Files can be more organised as they are sorted by folders.
- External camera adjust in VR: Now you can grab and move the external camera inside VR.
- Smaller Grabber: You can make Grabber smaller than the default size.
- Stage floor: Add a surface under your sketch.
- Reset thickness: Reset ink tool thickness to make them a stroke.
- NURBS Quad screenshot (Gravity Sketch Pro/Studio): Leave your screenshot to the scene as a NURBS quad.
Any Performance Improvements?
- New geometry engine enhances the app performance in general.
- Optimised performance when grabbing multiple geometries
- Bridge Curves performance is greatly improved. (Curved Surface tool)
- Improved FBX export
- More reliable History
How about design Improvements?
- Re-skinned UI (Gravity Sketch Core)
- More numbers added to Polar symmetry for Ink, Stroke, and Volume tools.
- Posture options for VR Keyboard
- Scale sketch can snap to ratio.
- Mirror plane style with more options
- Redesigned World Axis
- Current sketch name is shown on Save menu.
- Scale and Normal arrows visualisation
- Sketch material UX for texturing
- Added controller button animation
- Bug where UV hull wasn’t visible when editing precise Curved Surface.
- A bug where grouping a mirrored pair caused a problem.
- A bug where anchored Reference image affected grouped objects.
- A graphic bug where Confirm hint was shown on History clock in Edit mode.
- Errors occured in Left-handed mode.
- Screenshot Watermark bug
- Volume tool preview bug
- Tooltip text errors
- Invisible objects are now correctly updated on Orthographic viewport. (Gravity Sketch Pro/Studio)
- Controller visibility is improved.
- Cancel grab is now available when editing control points.
- Workspace UI and Torch are interactive in Edit mode.
- Your preference changes on Settings menu will be remembered in your computer.