To use Revolve tool, or to create planar/polar-symmetry strokes, you need to set axis plane with non-drawing hand trigger in advance.
Snap Axis: Half pull trigger on non-drawing hand to snap the plane to 45 degree increments. It will also snap to the World axis.
1. Highlight the object that you want to recover the axis with drawing Hand.(Intersect Grabber)
2. Half pull non-drawing hand trigger to enter axis snapping mode. You should see the “axis” appear inside the original object.
3. Move your non-drawing hand to this location. Axis will snap to the recovered axis.
Please check tutorial video for details.
Snap Axis onto Reference image:
Similar to Recover Axis interaction, you can snap Axis plane of Revolve, Volume(Planar), or Planar Ink/Stroke onto any reference image that is NOT anchored to the world.
1. Unanchor your reference image that you want to snap Axis plane onto.
2. Highlight the image you want to place Axis plane on with drawing hand.(Intersect Grabber)
3. Half pull non-drawing hand trigger to enter axis snapping mode. You should see a red axis on the center of the image.
4. Move your non-drawing hand to this location. Axis plane will snap to the reference image.